How to change Aadhaar address online without address proof? Aadhaar is one of the most vital documents for all of us. However, due to frequent change in our resident, for few of us, it may be difficult to provide the valid address proof to change the same in Aadhaar card. In that case, how to update the same online?
If you have valid address proofs (listed below), then with ease you can update your Aadhaar address online.
2. Bank Statement/ Passbook
3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
4. Ration Card
5. Voter ID
6. Driving License
7. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
8. Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
9. Water bill (not older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt (not older than 1 year)
12. Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
15. Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
16. Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Institutions on letterhead
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20. Freedom Fighter Card
21. Kissan Passbook
22. CGHS / ECHS Card
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP
or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority (for rural areas)
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
30. Disability ID card/handicapped medical certificate issued by respective State/UT Governments/Administrations
31. Gas Connection Bill (not older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse Supported PoR Documents containing Relationship details to Head of Family
34. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State government of not more than 3 years old
Marriage Certificate Issued by the Government containing the address
If the above listed valid documents are not available with you, then you have to use another alternative to update your Aadhaar Address.
How to change Aadhaar address online without address proof?
In the absence of document proof, you can still update your address (where you are currently residing) in your Aadhaar. However, for that, the consent and authentication of the address verifier who is willing to let you use their address as proof is a must. Address verifier may be a family member, relative, friends, the landlord.
Before jumping into the actual process of change Aadhaar address online without address proof, first, understand these basic definitions and who are all eligible for address updating online without valid address proof.
# Address Validation Letter
Address Validation Letter is a letter which is sent to the Address Verifier’s address. The letter will contain a secret code sent for validation after the Address Verifier consents to the use of his/her address by the requesting resident. After the request is submitted successfully the resident will get the Aadhaar Validation Letter within 30 days from the date of raising request.
# Requirements to change Aadhaar address online without address proof
- Both resident and Address Verifier are required to have their mobile numbers registered in their respective Aadhaar Card.
- Both resident and Address Verifier will be required to get authenticated via OTP.
- The Address Verifier must be willing to give his/her consent allowing the Resident to use his/her address to be updated in the resident’s Aadhaar.
- Both Resident and the Verifier are required to be in synch while the Request for Address Validation Letter is still in process.
- In case the Address Verifier misses giving consent within stipulated time the request will be invalid. The Resident will be required to initiate the process again.
Now let us discuss the process to change Aadhaar address online without address proof.
# Step 1- Visit the UIDAI website for Residents or UIDAI website directly and select “Request Aadhaar Validation Letter” option under Aadhaar Update Section. This will open Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) in which you will be required to follow the steps given below.
# Step 2- Here you have to enter your Aadhaar number and then click on the tab “Send OTP”. You will have to enter the same and you will log in to Aadhaar system.
# Step 3-Enter the Verifier Aadhaar number. Get Service Request Number (SRN) (the Resident will receive SRN on his registered Mobile).
# Step 4-Address Verifier Receives OTP intimation and Link for consent in his/her registered mobile. Verifier then clicks on the link received on his mobile number and enter the OTP. This proves that verifier has given his consent for the address change.
# Step 4-Aadhaar holder receive the confirmation of verifier consent on his or her mobile. Then he has to login to Aadhaar with SRN. You have to now update your address and preview the same for a cross check. Then finally submit for the address change request.
That’s it and now UIDAI will update your address proof without the valid address proof. Do remember that address verifier can provide his address to at most 5 residents in a year.
Refer our other posts related to Aadhaar:-