Cheers to four years! As Your Richest Life comes up on another birthday, I want to take some time to reflect on the past year and all that came along with it. I think it’s so important to stop and look at the progress you’re making. A lot can happen in a year!
Here are more highlights from the past year:
- I was honored to speak at industry events and women’s conferences like the PWA Women’s Conference, FA Magazine’s Invest in Women Conference and the CallisonRTKL Women’s Group
- Contributed to 7 publications and websites including Money, The New York Times and GoBankingRates
- Participated in financial podcasts like Stacking Benjamins
- Added more videos to my YouTube channel
- Wrote more than 20 blog posts for my own website
- My daughter finished up second grade and she is attending robotics camp this summer. My husband still works as an aerospace engineer. They are both the #1 fans of Your Richest Life!
The little business I started four years ago has grown and changed so much over time. I’ve expanded my team and my client base. I’m always learning new ways to add value for my clients and reach more people. But the cornerstone of Your Richest Life remains the same: a dedication to helping my clients build the financial life they’ve always wanted.
As a fee-only financial planner, my main priority is showing my clients how to achieve overall financial well-being, in big and small ways. Whether through setting better goals and fixing money blunders or trying out a new investment and getting ready for retirement, I want my clients to understand how to make their goals a reality.
Although the work is challenging, I really enjoy having the flexibility to work with clients around my age, to feel like I’m contributing back to the community, and to be able to occasionally go on field trips or lunches with my elementary school-aged daughter. I want to extend a big thank-you to my husband and my daughter, my two biggest cheerleaders, for supporting. Their encouragement has kept me going and helped me grow my business into what it is today. I am also blessed to be surrounded by friends and mentors in the industry who have been kind enough to lend a helping hand or a new perspective along the way.
And of course, thank you to my clients for trusting me with your questions, your dreams and your fears. I have been honored to work with so many amazing people from the beginning. I can’t wait to see what the next year will bring.
About Your Richest Life
At Your Richest Life, Katie Brewer, CFP®, believes you too should have access to financial resources and fee-only financial planning. For more information on the services offered, contact Katie today.